This unit is inspired by a particular bit of hardware that I know quite well. Its not "modelled" however: I came up with the algorithm first, thought it sounded similar, so then skinned the plug to resemble the hardware. It is definitely not a proper model, so I'm not going to name the unit in question.
- Very soft knee which gradually ramps up the ratio until (eventually) reaching limiting.
- RMS based level detection, with a window size that varies depending on the attack time.
- Powerful envelope shaping with no calibration for the time constants: use your ears.
- Switchable high-pass filter for the sidechain.
- Switchable asymmetric soft clipping to prevent overs.
- Zero latency.
- Low CPU use.