Pure-Pten is virtual analogue synthesizer with a combination of Frequency Modulation (FM), Ring Modulation (RM), Oscillator Sync, Distortion and Subtractive Synthesis.
TubeOhm has announced that it has released Pure-Pten v1.3 and that version 1.012 of Fluid is now available for free via PlugINdex.
- 10 voices.
- 3 Oscillators per voice / 21 waveforms / oscillator 3 with super wave function.
- 1 Multi-mode Filter 12/24dB, TP/HP-BP.
- 1 Filter-ADSR / timestretch function T*1, T*5, T*10.
- 1 VCA-ADSR / switch from linear to log.
- 2 LFOs / LFO 1 phase-sync.
- 1 noise Generator.
- 6 channel mixer.
- 1 soft limiter.
- Mono/poly mode.
- Glide function.
- 1 Arpeggiator with Gate-Time (can be modulated).
- Host tempo sync stereo delay with live function.
- Oscillator sync.
- Oscillator FM.
- Wave distortion function.
- 2 modulation busses with 6 sources, 9 destinations and 5 controllers, intensity adjustable with 2 x amount.
- Quick tune oscillator.
- Line or log damping for the filter-signals, if Q is high.
- Velocity VCA.
- Velocity VCF.
- MIDI learn function.
- 128 presets.
Alpha-Ray is a three oscillator per voice, 10 voice polyphonic VA synthesizer. This instrument has an inbuilt poly overdrive. The VCF can switch from a ladder to a state variable mode. The main filter in connection with a 6 dB HP filter gives a BP-filter with adjustable bandwidth.
The Alpha-Ray 4free version is fully working except saving of the effect parameters is disabled.
- Two main Oscillators and one Sub-Oscillator / 10 Voices polyphony.
- Two main LFOs and one modulation LFO (pitch wheel), tempo host sync and phase sync.
- Three Filter, a 6 dB HP, a 24 dB Ladder or a main 12 dB State Variable Filter. The 6dB Filter coupled to the main filter gives a BP filter.
- OSC FM with OSC 1+2 and OSC Sync with OSC 1+2.
- Polyphonic Overdrive for OSC 1, 2 and sub OSC.
- Auto Portamento.
- Manual in 4 languages, German, English, French, Italian.
- MIDI Learn for the most important functions.
EngineersFilter is a filter plugin that allows for extremely steep filtering. It achieves this by implementing high order IIR filter design methods that are commonly used in science and engineering, namely Butterworth, Chebychev, inverse Chebychev, elliptic (aka Cauer), Bessel and Papoulis filters. Each of these filter design methods can be applied to create lowpass, highpass, bandpass, bandreject, high/low shelving and peak/dip filters of orders up to 20.
- ultra-steep filters possible
- design methods: Bessel, Butterworth, Chebychev I and II, elliptic, Papoulis
- characteristics: lowpass, highpass, bandpass, bandreject, low-/high shelf, peak
ukmChorus2 is a 4-stage chorus VST plug-in.
- The parameters of each of the four stages can be adjusted separately.
- The stages only differ in basic delay adjustment with the shortest left and the longest right in a range from about 10ms to 50ms.
- Unused stages can be disabled to reduce CPU consumption.
- "Dry / Wet" slider.
- "Out +/-" slider can be used to match the overall level of sound when comparing A / B with the source material.
- The effect can be disabled with the "FX On / Off" button.
SplineEQ is a linear phase equalizer plugin. Designed to be simple and flexible, SplineEQ allows you to create filters using Bézier splines, the best known way to design curves.
Linear phase equalizer. Offers a better sound quality than the more common minimum phase equalizers by not affecting the phase of sound, only the intensity of frequencies, which makes it easier to achieve good sounding results. Also has the advantage of not incurring aliasing artifacts.
Spline-based filter design. Filters are simply created by designing a spline curve which can be made to adopt any imaginable shape. No filter types to choose from, all points simply define part of the shape of the filter's spline curve. The actual filter's frequency profile is displayed as a dashed curve when it differs from the ideal spline curve (this can be changed by changing the filter's resolution).
Up to 60 bands (only up to 4 in the free version of SplineEQ) or as low as 1. You can create or disable bands by double clicking on the visualisation area of the interface and adjust them either in that area or using the knobs or even the automatable parameter sliders in the host's interface.
Simple curve modification functions. You can modify the curve as a whole using the transpose function to shift the curve up and down by up to 10 octaves, affect the overall gain to shift all gain settings up or down evenly or even change the gain scale to apply a ratio to all gains, thus enabling you to either flatten, exaggerate or reverse the shape of a curve.
Frequency analyser. More intuitive than your usual logarithmic curve frequency display, this frequency analyser shows you the intensity of frequencies before and after the filtering with colours. It's also fine tuned so that intensities at different frequencies are represented in a way that matches closely to our perception. It moves in a fluid manner in sync with the source sound and has a frequency resolution of about 10 Hz.
Smooth and fluid graphics. The whole interface responds fluidly to change, even the frequency visualisation has a great frame rate and all the graphics are perfectly anti-aliased.
-Infinite dB to +60 dB gain range. This allows you to completely silence entire ranges of the spectrum or to really bring back some fainter harmonics by boosting their amplitude thousandfold. Gains are represented logarithmically between -60 dB and +60 dB and linearly below -60 dB. Given the uniquely immense gain range there's also a built-in limiter whose knob lights up when over the adjustable threshold.
Smooth transitions. Changing parameters, either by adjusting the knobs, the graph or by parameter automation is always done smoothly and creates no audio artifacts.
Adjustable resolution, latency and CPU usage. The resolution of the filter can be lowered or increased (up to roughly 22 Hz) and the processing latency can be changed to obtain a lower CPU usage or a lower latency.
Good performance. Linear phase equalizers always require more power than other types of equalizers. However SplineEQ is as fast or faster than other linear phase equlizers, often with less latency.
Presets are available here and can be saved or open (not with the free version of SplineEQ). Their format is compatible across all platforms and hosts and can be edited with a text editor.
Affordable. SplineEQ is much more affordable than other linear phase equalizers because it is designed to be simpler and is made to be the first entry-level professional linear phase equalizer.
Also supports all sampling rates (384 kHz included), is available on both Windows and Mac (Intel and PowerPC), in VST (2.4) and AU format, in 32 and 64 bits. All input, output and processing are done in 64-bit floating point format and in stereo.
DOWNLOAD (Win, Mac, VST & AU)
The free version only has up to 4 bands as opposed to up to 60 bands. Also the free version cannot open or save presets.
X-Wheel of Fortune 6 (X-WoF 6) is a versatile multi-part music system with inbuilt cell step control sequencer for creating tracks of various types of music like Ambient or even soundtracks. Just set up certain basics and let the machine create variations for you as there are several inbuilt algorithms just for this purpose giving this machine it's magic touch.
Major differences between registered Pro (i.e. enhanced) and the free version:
Presets/patches: Pro = 64 / Free = 4 fully useable and 28 with additional voice overs at varying intervals during playback and forced switching of edit panels - anyway switching back to any other panel is possible;
Athmo/One shot Part: Pro 100 waves / Free = only 60 waves;
MIDI Out: Pro for all internally generated note events / in Free = not present;
MIDI In: Free only for MID CC while Pro offers MIDI In for playing notes and triggering of instruments thus might use the Pro version even as 4 part multi-timbral sound module with two 8-voice pad synths and two monophonic synths.
Gonio2/3 is an Audio Vector Oscilloscope (Goniometer). It can give you a detailed picture of the relationships of a stereo signal. This is often used to watch for mono compatibility of a recording. Unlike a "normal" oscilloscope the image is rotated by 45° so if you have an identical signal on both channels you'll see a vertical line. If the signals are otherwise identical but with opposite phase a horizontal line is displayed.
Strings Ensemble Synthesizer
This vst plugin emulates the classic string ensemble sound, made popular by such classic synths as the Crumar Performer or the Arp Solina. Cheeze Machine generates sound by feeding a simple, saw-like waveform, into a chorus ensemble emulator, a 6-stages phaser, and a reverb. This vst plugin is fully midi-controlled. The midi controller assignments are detailed in the included pdf documentation. Cheeze Machine is available in 2 user interface flavors: the “classic” interface pictured above, or a smaller “metal” interface. With up to 32 notes polyphony, and an incredibly low CPU usage, you can now play these big phazed string pads like crazy
DOWNLOAD (Mac OS X, Win)
G8 is described as "the perfect digital noise gate that all the analogue ones were trying to model".
The Attack and Decay parameters set the exact amount of time needed for the gate to transition from fully closed to fully open, respectively. This means the rate of gain change is also affected by the Range control. For example: with the default settings of 24dB range and 1ms attack the gate will open at a rate of 24dB/ms. If you increase the Range to the maximum 90dB the gate will still reach unity after precisely 1ms, and therefore the gain increases at the much faster rate of 90dB/ms. This allows precisely calibrated clicks to be added to the start of kick drums (for example).
The Hold parameter is implemented before the Attack smoothing, so the gate will continue to open during the Hold stage if necessary. This allows drum sounds to be 'softened' by using slower Attack times.
- Large Threshold knob with integrated sidechain level and gain reduction metering.
- Range control to set the amount of gain reduction applied.
- Hysteresis control to prevent "chattering" effects during the decay of a note.
- Fast and accurate envelopes, with Hold parameter.
- High and low pass filters for the sidechain.
- External sidechain inputs.
- Up to 32 voices polyphony including portamento
- Two band-limited oscillators including Ring modulation and hard sync
- Four oscillator waveforms (sawtooth, pulse, sawpulse, sine) with shape control
- Additional white noise generator
- Two multi-mode four-pole filters (lowpass, highpass, bandpass, allpass, phaser) with resonance and panorama control
- Three envelopes (ADSR) with exponential slopes
- Three low frequency oscillators (LFOs) with tempo synchronization
Download the blooo Manual Version 1.0 (PDF file)
The deputy Mark II is a VST™2.4 software instrument Microsoft Windows® in the tradition of classic string machines and early "polyphonic" synthesizers, written in native C++ code for high performance.
- Polyphonic string/synthesizer (Poly) section and monophonic synthesizer (Mono) section
- Built-in Ensemble and Phaser effects
- Flexible keyboard assignment for Poly and Mono section
- Poly section:
- Up to 61 voices polyphony
- Two band-limited frequency divider-driven oscillator banks
- Sawtooth and PWM waveforms
- 2-pole multi-mode filter and ADS envelope per voice
- Global ADSR envelope for paraphonic modulation
- Resonator bank
- Mono section:
- Single VCO plus suboscillator and noise
- 4-pole lowpass filter
- ADSR envelope and LFO
- Output of Poly section can be send to filter input
- Fully compatible with SM Pro Audio's V-Machine™
Developer: Full Bucket Music
Download the deputy Mark II Manual Version 1.0 (PDF file)
EasyQ is an easy-to-use equalizer with an arbitrary number of filter stages in series connection. Each of the filter stages can operate in one of the following modes: peak/cut (aka bell or parametric EQ), high- or low-shelving, notch and low- or high-pass (both with either 6 or 12 dB/oct slope).
EasyQ is easy on the CPU and just does what an EQ is supposed to do without performing any additional voodoo. As such, it is well suited to serve as a go-to EQ for routine equalizing tasks.
FreeDelay is the LFO modulated delay from Helga as a separate VST effect plugin.
- LFO modulation: The delay time can be modulated with a sinusoid Low Frequency Oscillator.
- Stereo: Adjustable phase difference between the left and right channel modulations.
- Low-pass filter: The feedback can be dampen with a low-pass filter.
- Modes: Tempo sync 3/2, 1/1, 2/3, Smooth Mode and Tunable to MIDI note.
Argotlunar is a real-time delay-line granulator. It breaks up an incoming audio stream into short samples (Grains). Each grain can have random settings of amplitude, panning, duration, delay, pitch, glissando, filter and envelope. The output of all grains is mixed and sent to the main output. The main output can be fed back into the main input.
Most of the parameters can be correlated. Examples: Higher filter cutoff for grains with higher pitch, and vice versa. Grains with shorter duration can be panned to the center, and conversely the grains with longer duration can be panned wide in the stereo field.
- Time-related parameters can be synced to the host tempo.
- Pitch-related parameters can be quantized to various chords/scales.
- Up to three pairs of parameters can be correlated.
- Raised-cosine-bell, parabolic, and triangle grain envelopes, with adjustable shape.
- Transposition is spline-interpolated to reduce aliasing.
- 12dB state variable filter (HP/BP/LP/Notch).
- Comb filter.
Astralis Orgone is a "Dual Sample" based Synthesizer. It is the next generation of the Astralis Range and is highly optimized with great improvements in CPU use and especially load times. It is a rounded synth capable of sounds ranging from Trance Style Rhythms to Hard Leads and excels at Pads, Atmospheres and FX. Great care has been taken into developing a logical layout and many useful control features, such as double click resets and CTRL fine control adjustments. It comes with 128 presets and 150 samples, though you can add your own samples very easily.
Astralis Orgone Lite is the free version of Astralis Orgone with a reduced feature set. It is free, fully functional and a feature packed synth in its own right. It includes 128 presets and the diversity of sound created from 25 samples demonstrates the power of the Astralis System. Great for creating atmospheric Pads/Ambience/FX as well as Trancegate, Modulated and Arpeggiated Rhythms. The synth is free to use but donations are always appreciated to support future developments. More details here.
Developer: Homegrown Sounds
- First page: Oscillators
- 2 Phase Distortion Oscillators.
- 2 Oscillators.
- 2 Envelope Generators.
- 2 Multimode Filters.
- 2 Distortion Shapers.
- Second page: LFO / VCA / VCF
- 2 LFOs with an envelope generator.
- 2 Stereo Multimode Filters.
- 1 VCA.
- Third page: KXMOD
- Each voice has its own adjustments, like vintage keyboards.
- Fourth page: Fx
- Stereo Delay with two envelope generators.
Cubix, created specifically for the 2006 KVR Developer Challenge, is a drumsynth/sampleplayer with an onboard arpeggiated bassline synth. Each drum section has its own dual X-Fade sequencer section for beat mixing, as well as an Auto-Mix function. Designed with live operation in mind, Cubix can be used for making complex beats on the fly that can be randomized, mixed, matched and manipulated in a number of ways.
- 4 drum modules (kick, snare, hihat, & perc).
- 1 Bass Synth module.
- 4 Wav Layer sample players for use with each drum module.
- Samples can be looped, reversed and start/end positions can be altered all in realtime.
- Each module has it's own in-depth control panel.
- X-Fade Sequencers for each drum module for mixing between 2 different beats.
- Auto-Mix function for automatic BPM-Synced mixing between beats.
- Amplitude and Filter/Pitch modulation sequencers for the Bass Synth.
- LFO section for Bass Synth for modulating the filter as well as synced pitch.
- Arpeggiator for Bass Synth with portamento option.
- Bass sequencer can be used for gated arps/leads or stepped sequences.
- Random probability for each sequencer with 2 types of randomization.
- Each sequencer can play at different speeds, directions or length.
- Adjustable start/end positions for each sequencer.
- MIDI options for triggering each sequencer.
- Each drum sequencer can be assigned to be triggered by a separate key.
- Bass sequencer can be assigned to different octave ranges.
- Host Sync function for running Cubix in sync with your host.
- Drum Mixer with light up trigger analyzers.
- Multiple audio outputs (channels 1-6).
- Mute/Solo switches for each module.
- Delay section with damping, dotted and sync/manual rate options.
- FX send control for each module.
- Patch Randomization for select controls on each module.
- 32 presets.
Taurus by Antti of Smart Electronix
Taurus is a virtual recreation of the famous Moog Taurus bass pedals from 1970's.
Things modelled in Taurus:
- Alias free oscillators.
- Finite oscillator reset time.
- Nonlinear Moog ladder filter.
- Nonlinear VCA.
- Nonlinear envelopes.
- And of course all the rest of control circuitry at component level.
Unfortunately bacic SoundCloud lets download a song just
100 times so it's not downloadable anymore, sorry.